Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Welcome!


This is my first  time blogging, and I thought I would start one where I review books I read. I've been inspired by several book blogs I follow. It will be interesting to see if I get any comments or followers, so I'm giving it a try!

To kick this blog off, I will start by listing my favorite books, for any who are curious (that's always the first thing I want to know about fellow book-lovers!); and maybe I will gain some sympathizers that way :)

So here they are, not in order of preference:

1. Harry Potter series.
2. The Chronicles of Narnia
3. Little House books
4. Ella Enchanted
5. Little Women
6. The Neverending Story
7. Anne of Green Gables series
8. American Girls Collection
9. Magic Tree House
10. The Velvet Room
11. Inkheart
12. A Series of Unfortunate Events
13. The Books of Bayern
14. The Penderwicks
15. Mitford series
16. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
17. Thornyhold
18. Nine Coaches Waiting
19. Thunder on the Right
20. Jane Eyre
21. The Little White Horse
22. The Library
23. The Ordinary Princess
24. Book of a Thousand Days

Rather a lot-no doubt many more will be added to the list in the future! It's evident from the list that I love children's books. This is because I feel that adult books can often be too pretentious, and it's hard to really get down to the actual stories. Also, fantasy is my favorite genre, but some books about 'ordinary' life are so enchanting they read like fantasy, e.g. the Anne books and Mitford books.
I need to say right off that I generally steer clear of bestsellers. So many of them are too trashy for me to bear. That really isn't my taste, and I love modern books that are clean, a rare treasure.

Boring anyone yet?

About this blog's title: Elinor from Inkheart is one of my favorite characters of all time, presumably because I relate to her so much. And 'Happy Endings' because I mostly prefer books with happy endings. Some with sad endings are beautiful, like Gone With the Wind and Green Mansions.

Another thing: This is not going to be a stuffy, or particularly 'intellectual' blog. I'm just going to give my impressions and feelings on the books, without going too much into symbolism and all that stuff, as important as I know that is.

Enjoy! Comments are certainly welcome. I would love to know what you think about any books you have read that I review here, or anythings else you'd like to share.

(I'll be adding some books in the next week or so)

No comments:

Post a Comment